What is Race for Education?
Race for Education (RFE) is our annual Fall Fundraiser. The RFE experience will involve 3 components this year. The first component is the jog-a-thon which involves students jogging around the school building. Students raise support, for jogging around the school, from family, friends, and businesses through letters we provide. The second component is our Family Fun Day experience that accompanies the jog-a-thon. After jogging, students will have the opportunity to enjoy games, rides, inflatables etc. (High School students do this a bit differently. See documents below)
Lastly, during the week leading up to the Family Fun day, students will be engaged in service projects to teach them the importance of serving the broader community, even as we are having fun building our school community. Our goal for 2017 is $100,000. 10% of funds raised will go to Missions—Specifically, the missions work of our students and to support our partner school in Myanmar!
Why is Race for Education important to me?
Students who turn in letters will receive Thank You Gifts and you as parents will have the opportunity to earn prizes (Free Early Registration/Free Tuition For A Week (Preschool).
This year, funds raised will go towards building a sports field on our campus.
What are my next steps?
3 Easy Steps!
1) Fill out letters to potential sponsors
2) Stamp and address letters and return them on turn in dates (See prize sheet)
3) Watch your child enjoy various gifts along the way for turning in letters on time
Photos from Past RFE Events:
The following documents were handed out at Back to School Night. If you can’t find an answer to a question through the documents, please email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO GIVE ONLINE:
-Please use your bank’s simple Bill Pay Service to send CCA a check!
Education Improvement Scholarship Program
The Compassion Foundation provides technical, financial and strategic planning support to faith-based organizations involved in the education, training and development of a new generation of community leaders. Compassion Foundation is affiliated with local, independent charities.
The Compassion Foundation now has the ability to provide scholarships for students with limited resources. Students from low-income families, who would otherwise not have access to private school education, now have this opportunity. Supporters of the Compassion Foundation make this possible for children in need AND realize a significant tax savings as a result.
Individuals and businesses who contribute to the foundation, and who pay taxes in the Commonwealth of Virginia, are eligible to receive a 65% state tax credit as part of the Education Improvement Scholarships Tax Credit program. The 65% tax credit is in addition to current state and federal tax deductions for monetary donations.Download a Brochure More Information
How to Donate
1. Obtain the Preauthorization Form from the Compassion Foundation or the Virginia Department of Education website.
2. Submit the completed Preauthorization Form, by U.S. Mail, to the Virginia Department of Education: Virginia Department of Education, 25th Floor, Attn: Scholarship Tax Credit Program, P.O. Box 2120, Richmond, VA 23218-2120.
3. Within 30 days, the DOE will send you a Preauthorization Notice indicating your tax credits have been approved.
4. Return the Preauthorization Notice with your check or securities transfer information to the foundation within 180 days of the date of the Notice. (Preauthorization becomes void after 180 days.) Make checks payable to the Compassion Foundation (Memo: Scholarships Tax Credits).Preauthorization Form Contact Brian Citizen
Combined Federal Campaign (Code 53816)
The CFC is the Federal Government’s employee’s way to send charitable contributions to their selected organizations through payroll deduction.