The candidate for this position has a strong possibility for growth to Kitchen Management position.
The Cook at Christ Chapel Academy is directly responsible to the Food Service Manager and CCA Administrator.
Responsibilities of the Cooks include, but are not limited to the following:
The Cook must have a current SERVSAFE certification, posted in the kitchen.
- Will be responsible for planning a complete menu in compliance with the standards of the Child and Adult Care Food Program of the United States Department of Agriculture or the meal patterns contained in the Minimum Standards for Licensed Childcare Centers. Menus shall include breakfast, lunch, and a morning and afternoon snack; in case of the absence of the Food Service Manager.
- Will have the ability along with the assistance of the cafeteria personnel, to prepare, cook, and serve all meals and snacks on a daily basis.
- Will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and kitchen areas in compliance with the Prince William Department of Health and Food Services.
- Will be able to assist the Food Service Manager in maintaining a running inventory of all food supplies, paper products, and cleaning supplies used by the kitchen for the Academy with the advice of the Administrator, including the ability to place weekly orders with a food service company for supplies.
- Will be responsible to assist the Food Service Manager in the continual rotation of all perishable and non-perishable items. Will maintain a list, as necessary, to ensure that all stock is used prior to expiration dates.
- Responsible to keep food pantry and all storage rooms neatly organized.
- Will be able to assist the Food Service Manager in maintaining the list of children with food allergies, ensuring that all food served to these children is in accordance with their allergies.
- Responsible for updating the daycare list and the student list containing the numbers of children consuming meals each day. All of this information will be reported to the Food Service Manager for budget input.
- Will be responsible for a weekly trip to Sam’s Club to pick up items that are not available through the primary food service provider.
- Will be responsible, along with Food Service Manager, for input of data into computer, especially ala carte data.
Email your resume to Denise DiFillipo at firstname.lastname@example.org