When choosing a school that offers the ideal Christian education curriculum for your child, you want to know what sets it apart. What should you be looking for in the best curricula? The key difference should be that every lesson is framed through the Word of God. Here are a few basic principals that you should find in an excellent Christian education curriculum:
The Story of Creation
A great Christian education curriculum will teach students that science and God’s Word are not mutually exclusive, but work together perfectly hand in hand. Students will learn:
- That God gave us science and math and an insatiable sense of curiosity to better understand the glory of His creation.
- That God not only created the heavens and the earth, but that God created each of them for a specific and meaningful purpose.
- That God is a God of order and not chaos, and that the elegance of the universe is a reflection of His hand.
- To be good stewards of God’s creation, in their environment and in their own bodies.
Understanding the weight of creation will help students understand their complete and inherent value, and the value of all those around them.
Message of Compassion
The fundamental message of the Bible is one of compassion. How the love of Jesus Christ reaches down into our mess and pulls us into His embrace. Students will learn not only of God’s compassion toward them, but how to have compassion toward others. Students who grow up with a profound sense of empathy and compassion will be the most successful in every aspect of life. A curriculum focused on the teaching of Jesus will teach students how to:
- Have a servant’s heart.
- Treat others with kindness, deference, and respect.
- To be humble, always.
- Look for ways to better the world around them with their gifts and talents.
- Help students not be afraid to get messy for the sake of Christ.
A child who embodies compassion and empathy from a young age will become the adult who serves and loves the marginalized. They will become an adult who is not afraid to (literally) get their hands dirty to demonstrate the kindness of Jesus.
Christ at the Center of a Christian Education Curriculum
Above all else, a Christian education curriculum will have Christ at the Center.
A Christian education curriculum will help students understand that the love of Jesus Christ is at the center of our whole lives. It is the firm foundation that will never waver. Students will also learn that there is nothing they can do to make God love them more, and nothing they can do to make God love them less. If a child can rest in this knowledge of unconditional love from an early age, just imagine what their potential could be. A Christian education curriculum will be centered on love, acceptance, and grace. What better environment can you imagine for your child?